Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Love and Garbage.

D'Orsay:
There was a special exhibit of Picasso's many interpretations of Manet's "Le Déjeuner sur l'herbe" and they were SOOO funny, but we weren't allowed to take pictures. But check it out here.

Paul-César Helleu (1859-1927): Portrait de Madame Ryan. [She looks sneaky.]

Joszéf Rippl-Rónai (1861-1927): Un Parc La Nuit

Edgar Degas (1834-1917): Etude d'un Noeud de Ruban

Boîte de pastels ayant appartenu à Edgar Degas

Edgar Degas encore...

A friend of mine re-wrote my haiku in Italian on Twitter, and I think it sounds just as good.

Barack Obama
Spero che si e pronti
Tutti ti guarda


I miss my friends.

There's a woman from Brooklyn in my class who has been here for about 4 months. Her husband is American, but he grew up in Paris.
I feel so bad for her. Her husband speaks English fluently, and she's really awful at French. Why would he make her move?

If you love me, you will not make me move indefinitely to a place where I have no friends/don't speak the language/can not easily find Korean food.

If you love me, you will also never make me take out the trash. (including that in the form of people)

Actually, here's a list of things you will/will not do if you love me. E-money, after you told me about your whole deal, I decided that you should take my list for yourself so as to stop getting BURNED. (The last 5 might not really apply to you, but maybe?)

1) You will not say "I love you" unless you really mean it. (it loses its value if you say it too many times)
2) Flakiness is a good quality in a pastry, not a person. If you're not sure how you feel about me, keep your mouth shut. I'd rather hear nothing than hear, "Hey, I like you a lot! Actually...just kidding! Take backsies!"
3) You will be funny. (Being nice doesn't cut it. A dog is nice. A doorman is nice.)
4) You will listen to podcasts with me, and you will love them.
5) You will not take showers that last longer than mine.
6) You will love Korean food.
7) You will love my econ jokes.
8) You will not make me drive unless absolutely necessary. I'm not too bad I guess, I've only ever hit inanimate objects...(and yes, they were already inanimate before I hit them)
9) You will never ever ever ever ever want or buy a mercedes benz.
10) You will never ever ever ever ever drink and drive. (This is unforgiveable.)

Psh. And people think my standards are too high...

2 comments:

  1. I really think you should take number 5 off the list...that's really hard to do. Your showers are too short. What's the reasoning behind that anyway? Other than that, your standards are pretty reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take NORMAL length showers. One time I was in the shower for like 20 minutes, but it's b/c I fell asleep standing up. That was pretty weird...But seriously, I can take an entire nap in the time it takes you to shower!
    Paris misses you already Evs!

    ReplyDelete