Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend with Hugh Grant.

Jason Karsh [you just got a google alert, didn't you?] How do you like the title of this blog post?

We were at the British Museum yesterday having breakfast/lunch with JK, and Tiff is convinced that some tourists took pictures of us thinking that Jason was Hugh Grant and we were his two prostitutes. We weren't sitting in front of anything particularly interesting and apparently they kept staring and took turns taking pictures of us...So if you see us in a tabloid, you'll know that Hugh Grant isn't a player. And that we are not prostitutes.

Couldn't find a Daniel Henney to bring back to Boston. Sorry girls!

Adventures in London: [High Holborn LSE flat. Greatest]

I killed a giant over the weekend. I told you, I'm a lot stronger than I look.

JK, you too can be a TOPMAN.

Tea at Claridge's. Scones are the best.

Tea at Harrods. Tea is also the best.

Hummingbird Bakery. Tiff bought one...I bought three.

Portobello.

Recessions are older than Jesus.

Thoughts:
I go back and forth on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Media, stop making me feel like I need to pick a side!

You know how those mushroom bullets are illegal by international law? We need to have a new law that says only words are allowed. It's what I told the 2 year old I used to babysit. "Sophia, use your words." She had very few, but she still managed. If a 2 year old with a limited vocabulary can do it, we can too!

I want to be like quicksand.

Memorable Quotes:
Tiff: Do you want a Chinese soldier? They're on sale.

Me: I don't plan on having kids. I don't have child bearing hips.
JK: Me neither, but I still plan on having kids.

Tiff: I don't think I live extravagantly. [as we were leaving high tea at Claridge's]

Tiff: The ATM machine ate Esther's debit card.
Tiff's mom: What? You didn't have enough money to eat lunch?
[Yeah...my ATM card got eaten. OF COURSE that would happen to me]

Also, there's no hot water in the apartment and the owner just dropped by to say we could shower at his place. b/c that's not awkward at all. I guess it was nice of him to offer.

Off to shower! Haha. Kidding.

3 comments:

  1. You are correct! I just got the google alert and thought I'd indicate so by commenting on your blog.

    Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh there's always that tea place in queen's crossing? or did they have bad service?.. don't remember..

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's awful. you need to go to london. or maybe alice's teacup on upper west. haha. that might be a bit closer.

    ReplyDelete